The RCI-2950CD features an all blue LED display and 4-level brightness adjustment. (Button back-lighting is green.)
Ranger Communications once again sets the performance and reliability standard for entry level amateur mobile transceivers with the latest generation of their popular RCI-2950CD.
Introducing the new RCI-2950CD: This new model feature microprocessor control of not one but two amateur bands. The new RCI-2950CD, rated at 25W PEP, is perfect for the recent band openings on 10 and 12 meters. Now you can upgrade your mobile Ham capabilities with a radio that is rich in features and reasonable in cost.
The new model has retained the operating features of its popular predecessor, including programmable repeater offset and capabilities for a CTCSS tone option -- great for increasing repeater activity on 10 meters -- and receiver scanning for quick search of active frequencies. The unit offers three methods of frequency selection, non-volatile memory to store and scan up to ten favorite frequencies, and front panel frequency selector lockout.
In addition, the RCI-2950CD offers an impressive array of design and performance improvements:
- An improved receiver: designed for increased sensitivity and image rejections
- A double FET balanced mixer: for improved receiver intermodulation rejection.
- New power supply protection: and temperature compensation for improved stability and reliability over wide temperature ranges.
- Surface mount components: for increased resistance to shock and vibration.
- Improved display lighting: for easy reading in a wide range of light conditions.
- Variable Power Output from 2 watts to 25 watts (RCI-2950CD).
For use of the RCI-2950CD in a base station application, Ranger recommends at minimum a 12 Amp power supply.
Ranger Communications, Inc. - Home of top quality communications equipment.
Features and Specifications:
- 10 & 12 Meter Mobile Amateur Radio
- 25+ watts
- Improved Receiver Design
- Variable Output Power Control
- Receiver Clarifier (+/-0.5kHz)
- Noise Blanker/ANL Circuitry
- Programmable Repeater Offset
- Large Frequency Display with Dimmer
- New Backlite Display
- Active Frequency Scanner
- 16 Programmable/Erasable Frequencies
- Frequency Selector Lockout
- Public Address Feature
- Model: RCI-2950CD
- Frequency Range: 12 Meter: 24.8900 - 24.9900 MHz
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter: 28.0000 - 29.6999 MHz
- Emission: AM/FM/USB/LSB/CW
- Frequency Control: Phase-Lock-Loop (PLL) Synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance: 0.005%
- Frequency Stability: 0.001%
- Temperature Range: -20C to +50C
- Antenna Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Input Voltage: 13.8V DC
- Size: 7 3/4" (W) x 10 3/4" (D) x 2 3/8" (H)
- Weight: 4 lb. 3 oz.
- Meter: RF Output, RX Receive Signal Strength, SWR
- RF Power Output: AM/FM/CW: 10 watts; USB/LSB: 25 watts Peak Power
- RF Transmit Modes: AM/FM/USB/LSB/CW
- Antenna Connectors: Standard SO-239 type, 50 Ohms
- Modulation: 16F3, A3E, J3E, A1A
- Spurious Emission: > -50 dB
- Carrier Suppression: -50 dB
- Microphone: Plug-in (6-Pin) 400 Ohm dynamic; with push-to-talk switch and coiled cord
- Sensitivity: AM/CW: 0.5 uV for 10dB Sinad;
- Sensitivity: FM: 0.25 uV for 12dB Sinad
- Sensitivity: USB/LSB: 0.15 uV for 10dB Sinad
- Image Rejection: >50 dB
- Audio Power Output: 2.5W
- Contents:UPC 0734168295014
- 10 & 12 Meter RCI-2950CD Radio
- 6 Pin Stock Dynamic Microphone with Remote Frequency Adjustment Switches
- DC Power Cord
- Mounting Bracket with Hardware
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
- Color: Black
- Manufacturer's Limited Warranty - 2 Year(s)